only for Windows
Portable means that you can:
- Have an installation on an external medium (USB-harddisk)
- You can plug in to any PC as is.
- You don't need to install anything on the PC
- You don't need to change the setup
All you need to do is:
- Put the SABnzbd.ini file in the same directory as SABnzbd.exe
- Make sure that all directories are relative paths starting from the directory where the INI file is
- Use 127.0.0.1 or 0.0.0.0 as the web server address
- Choose a port number that is free on all systems (8080 or 8088 is good choice)
The last requirement can sometimes be a problem. However you can start SABnzbd.exe using a command line parameter.
SABnzbd.exe -s 127.0.0.1:8080
You replace 8080 with a correct port number for the particular PC.
You may encounter software firewalls which you will have to teach about SABnzbd.
SABnzbd has two types of Internet access: port 119 for communicating with the Usenet server and port 8080 (or whatever else you choose) to communicate with the web browser.
Choose the "Default" user interface, since only that one is compatible with all web browsers.