This is an alternative way of getting SABnzbd to run on startup without any problems from running it as a service or putting it in the Startup Folder
Note: For 0.5 we suggest you use the "Run SABnzbd at Startup" option in the installer
The following is based off daddy_fizz's instructions for the old sabnzbd forum.
For this to work best, it is recommended for the sabnzbd.ini to be kept inside the SABnzbd folder.
If you haven't set sabnzbd up yet, then don't worry it, the INI with default settings will be created for you.
If you want to use existing settings Start>Run. For windows XP enter:
C:\Documents and Settings\**USERNAME**\Local Settings\Application Data\sabnzbd
and click ok. For Vista enter
and locate the sabnzbd.ini file.
Copy the sabnzbd.ini present, and paste it in the same folder SABnzbd.exe resides in.
- Start->Control Panel->Scheduled Tasks
- Click Add Scheduled Task
- From this window click Next, and from the window click browse and locate your sabnzbd.exe
- On the next screen choose "When my computer starts"
- Then for your username enter "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM" with a blank password
- On the final screen tick "Open advanced properties…" Then click the Finish button
- Under the Run: box, add: "-b 0 -d" (no quotes) after SABnzbd.exe
- Under the settings tab, uncheck "Stop the task if it runs for…"
- If it prompts again for what account to run on, re-enter "NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM"